Frequently Asked Questions
You got questions, we got answers.
We clean. You relax.
Sparkly Maids is a cleaning company that has provided an easy way to book, schedule, and manage all your cleaning appointments online. Our cleaners are insured and bonded and trained to deliver on Sparkly Maids’ 50-Point Checklist.
Ready to relax? You can book here. Once you have booked our services, we will send one of our cleaning professionals to make your space sparkle.
We make sure to only hire cleaners with the utmost professionalism, clean abstract, and that are dependable. We understand it takes a lot to trust someone with your house so we do absolutely everything we can to put your mind at ease. We run local, state, and national background checks on every staff member during the interview and vetting process.
Whether you’re at home during your cleaning appointment is up to you! When you make a booking, you’ll be prompted to give us entry instructions. If you have a doorman or would like to leave a key somewhere or with someone, just please let us know before your scheduled appointment on how you would prefer for us to access your home. You can add detailed instructions on your account online or simply let us know by email, phone, or online chat. Also, feel free to stick around during the clean. Whatever you’re most comfortable with. After all, we are here to serve you.
Yes, Sparkly Maids is insured and bonded. We understand that it is a privilege to be in your home, and we are always careful. In the unlikely event that an object is damaged, please notify us within 48 hours of when the appointment is completed either by email [email protected] or by calling us and/or texting us at (214) 903-0014.
The founders of Sparkly Maids all have pets! We love animals, but they will not always like us. If you think your pet may become overly anxious while we are there, please make temporary arrangements while we are in your home. You can leave detailed pet instructions during the online scheduling process as well.
We use and provide environmentally friendly supplies and nearly all equipment required for cleaning your apartment, with a few exceptions.
We do not provide:
- Toilet brush; or
- Specialty products, including, but not limited to:
- Wood cleaner;
- Bleach; or
- Stainless steel cleaner.
- Paint remover
We are happy to use these items, if provided by you, and left out in clear view for our cleaning staff and accompanied by directions on their use.
Our cleaners bring a travel wet/dry mop that will be used on non-carpeted areas. We also provide our own vacuum cleaner.
Customers that don’t want to clean their entire house, please select our Hourly Service instead. Our hourly services start at a 3-hours minimum of cleaning person-hour. Person-hour is the average amount of work that one person performs in an hour.
For example, a team of two cleaners cleaning for 2 hours equates to 4 hours of cleaning hours.
Yes, special instructions can be left for the cleaning professional when you schedule your appointment online. After the clean is complete, you can rate your experience and provide feedback submitting to [email protected]
- Neglected and/or overly soiled homes, areas, or items
- Cleaning pet waste
- Cleaning bodily fluids
- Cleaning outdoor windows or areas (exterior)
- Cleaning walls or ceilings (Post-Construction service only)
- Moving items over 20 lbs.
- Grout or mold cleaning
- Carpet/upholstery steam cleaning
If you’re not content with your cleaning, we will come out and re-clean (within a 72-hour window). Please give us a 24-hour notice after we had serviced your home.
Customers can request a re-clean by emailing [email protected] — as long as the appointment was completed within the past 24-hours.
Please include as many details as possible including photos pictures.
The re-clean appointment must be scheduled and completed within 48-hours of contact.
There is no specific limit on how many recleans a customer can receive. We want to ensure fair use of the benefit and guarantee a great experience every time. With that said, we reserve the right to require additional time and budget for future cleans and/or void the guarantee for future cleans (if requested excessively)
Appointments completed within the past 24 hours are eligible for the Sparkly Guarantee.
- Appointments completed more than 24 hours ago
- Items not included on 50+ Point Checklist
- Free cleans
- Homes not in standard condition (e.g. biohazards, hoarding, etc.)
- Extra services not booked for original appointment
- Post-construction/post-renovation cleans
- Move-out cleans
Billing & Payment
We accept all major credit and debit cards with a MasterCard, Visa, Discover Network, American Express logo.
We do not accept cash payments or checks. Tips may be given in cash form or added to the card (optional).
Your appointments are very important to the Sparkly Maids team. Appointment times are reserved exclusively and respectively for you. We understand that sometimes, schedule changes are necessary. Therefore, we respectfully request at least a 48-hour advance notice from your appointment date and time.
- Any appointment not cancelled at least 48-hours in advance, will result in 100% full payment of the agreed service rate. Including appointments that were skipped, missed, no show, and/or locked out.
- Any appointments not rescheduled at least 48-hours in advance will be subject to a $50.00 rescheduling fee.
- Any appointments rescheduled late without 48-hours advance notice, and then canceled will be subjected to a 100% cancellation fee of the agreed service rate, in addition to the $50.00 rescheduling fee.
- Any Post-Construction, Post-Renovations, or other Speciality Service appointments not cancelled at least 48-hours in advance, will result in 50% payment of the agreed service rate (quote).
- Any Post-Construction, Post-Renovations, or other Speciality Service appointments not rescheduled at least 48-hours in advance, will result in 25% rescheduling fee of the agreed service rate (quote).
The weather in Texas gets hot! Please read carefully:
- We provide decent working conditions for our teams, if the weather is over 90 Fahrenheit outside and there is no electricity at the property, we will not work under those conditions.
- We can reschedule or cancel your appointment, but we will charge a full cancellation fee of 100% or a $49 rescheduling fee plus 25% surcharge on the rescheduled appointment.
As a courtesy, we send text and email reminders to all customers. Reminders are sent three days (72-hours) and one-day (24-hours) before your scheduled service date & time.
You may cancel your scheduled service in several ways:
- Call/Text our office number at (214) 903-0014
- By visiting My Account at: www.sparklymaids.com/login
- Emailing us at: [email protected]
- Start a live chat from our website
Please understand that it is your responsibility to remember your appointment dates and times to prevent missed appointments, resulting in a cancellation fee. Not receiving or seeing electronic notification(s) of your appointment is not sufficient reason to miss an appointment.
Emergency absences will be considered on an individual case-by-case basis by the Sparkly Maids team. If you feel such action is warranted, you may request not to be charged for the late canceled session in writing within seven (7) days. Sparkly Maids will decide to honor your request on a case-by-case basis and will respond to you in writing within seven (7) days.
The 48-hour cancellation policy gives us time to inform our waitlist clients of any availability and keep our staff schedules filled, thus better serving everyone. Sparkly Maids’ guidelines are presented and provided in the best quality and tradition of excellent service for our established and future clientele. Thank you for viewing and supporting our 48-hour cancellation and rescheduling policy!
All services are final and non-refundable but we will be more than happy to schedule a reclean service free of charge under our Sparkly Guarantee promise.
Please take photos and write us a brief description of any items or areas you are not happy with. You can submit a reclean request in the following ways:
All cards are processed after your scheduled appointment. You will receive an automated email with the transaction summary to notify you when and how much your card was charged.
Before your scheduled cleaning service, we will automatically pre-authorize your card. This activity is not a charge but a pre-authorization to verify a sufficient balance. This also allows us enough time to call you and fix any discrepancies before we arrive (depending on the bank this could show up as a pending charge). If there is an issue with the billing and we are unable to update your payment information, we will not be able to send a cleaning team to your home.
To switch your billing information, simply log into our online portal using your username and password and edit your billing information in the “Settings” section of the website.
Our website has an SSL certificate which is required to process electronic payments. Credit card transactions are processed by Stripe and is layered on their own 256-bit security protocol. Also, no credit card numbers are stored in our system (only a token that allows us to charge the card). Rest assured we take security very, very seriously.