A well-planned Airbnb cleaning routine is essential if you own or plan to invest in a short-term rental property. Not only will it help keep your guests safe and maximize your positive reviews, but it also means that everything will be spotless and ready for them to use when they arrive. Cleaning your home is not the same as tending to a vacation rental property. Every guest will have different standards & expectations. Since guests have higher expectations now than ever, property hosts should make guaranteeing a clean, safe, and hygienic accommodation their top priority.
Therefore, Sparkly Maids created a brief but comprehensive guide to Airbnb cleaning that will leave your rental spotless and make sure guests have a great experience every time. In this article, learn the essential short-term rental cleaning best practices to ensure happy guests with every check-in.
The first step is to ensure all areas receive a before & after inspection. Let’s start by inspecting the home, confirming that the guests followed your checkout rules, checking for damages, and if any pets stayed at the property.
Airbnb Cleaning Top 20 Cleaning Tasks
1. Remove all bedding and linen, and put them in the wash
2. Ensure beds are correctly made with clean bedding; check all bedding for stains or tears
3. Clean the kitchen, inside the fridge, microwave, and oven.
4. Make sure to check the dishwasher and clean any remaining dishes.
5. Inspect inside cabinets for crumbs and unclean utensils.
6. Dispose of any leftover food items and drinks the previous guest left behind
7. Wipe down countertops and clean up any spills or evidence of food stains
8. Clean kitchens and bathrooms, including sinks, toilets, showers, and bathtubs
9. Polish mirrors, stainless steel duties, windows/glass doors, & chrome fixtures/knobs/handles
10. Remove cobwebs from corners; wipe down baseboards, door frames & air returns/vents
11. Sweep, dust, and vacuum all rooms
12. Take out the trash, empty recycling bins, and replace bin liners
13. Dust & wipe light fixtures, furniture, and other décor items
14. Make a list of stock supplies like paper towels, soap, and shampoo
15. Change towels, and check toiletries (if applicable)
16. Vacuum rugs and furniture
17. Clean windows & blinds (if applicable – usually done during periodic Deep Cleans)
18. Stage the property with any knick-knacks you would like for your guests
19. Ensure all appliances and electronics are in good working order. This includes the TV, Wi-Fi, and other devices your guests may need during their stay.
20. Mop all floors as the last step before you leave
Once the cleaning process is complete, ensure your Airbnb looks good enough to live in by creating a homey atmosphere through staging. Staging may look like adding a coffee table book with exciting visuals and titles that direct guest attention towards bookshelves or artwork near the television set. Overall these touches should evoke positive emotions within your potential guest —always think about how you can evoke positive memories that make them want to book again once they’ve left (small knick-knacks also help hide some of the imperfections in your listing)!
Consider adding a welcome packet with information about the rental and the surrounding area. This could include a list of local restaurants and attractions and any house rules or instructions for using appliances and electronics. Following these steps, you can stage and prep your Airbnb listing to ensure your guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We understand how this can be tedious work. In the end, if you are a property owner or looking to have supplemental income on top of your career, we come in to help! Finding a reliable Airbnb cleaning service can be challenging. If you need help, Sparkly Maids offers an automated home cleaning service that provides convenience, quality, and value for people looking for a hassle-free way to keep their short-term rentals clean. Give us a call to get a custom Airbnb Cleaning quote for your listing!